The project „Bicycle Oasis“ – BicOa is financed through Hungary – Croatia IPA Cross-border Co-operation Programme.
- Development of the tourist offer through positioning of project partners as a unique and eco-active tourist destination (main objective)
- Activation of all tourism potentials
- Development of unique service in the cross-border region
- Unify active tourism and environmental protection
Benefits of the project
- Target groups (tourists, owners of tourist attractions, local authorities, citizens and local economy) are receiving entirely new service that will allow them to experience the qualities this region posses through eco-active and innovative approach
- It will also help partner areas to raise standards of quality tourist offer and create social and economic sustainability
- On a long run this project will enable better communication with tourist and further development with new tourist offers and contents.
- The project also helps project partners reach their CO2 emission targets
- Public will be influenced through this project strongly in 3 different ways:
- One is the effect this project will have through activation of tourist potentials where public will primarily benefit economically
- Second is the fact that public will be reminded and motivated through this project to use bikes and tourist attractions disseminated in this project
- And last but not the least is the decrease in traffic (noise and CO2 emissions)
Lead Beneficiary: City of Koprivnica
Project partner: Municipality of Heviz
Area of project implementation:
- Cities: Koprivnica, Heviz
- Counties: Koprivničko-križevačka, Zala megye
The total project budget is 599.809,60 € out of which 85% is co-financed by the EU.
Period of implementation: 01 March 2013 – 31 October 2014