Despite its turbulent history, Koprivnica is a city that has retained a substantial part of its cultural and historical architectural heritage. Town and city sights attract more and more tourists and visitors each year. In fact the entire old town is a unique architectural heritage.
Within the former military fort are very valuable monuments of architecture mainly located in Đure Estera Street (Ulica Đure Estera) and the Dr. L. Brozovića Square (Trg dr. L. Brozovića). There is the parish church of St. Nicholas, which was probably built on the foundations of a medieval Franciscan church. In its present form was built before the 1657, and thoroughly remodeled in 1892 year. Inside inventory is from more recent times. On the outer wall there is a memorial plaque to three prominent people from Koprivnica. In the mid 18th century on the church was built baroque rectory (current appearance is largely from the 1779 year). On the wall on park side there is built into rare Renaissance stele (tombstone) from the 1608 year.
Franciscan Monastery and Church of St. Anthony of Padua hides indeed a long history of the Franciscans in Koprivnica (here they came around the 1290 year!). Baroque walled monastery, which was leaning on the former earthen ramparts built by Franciscans between the 1675 and 1685 year. In the church of St. Anthony particularly valuable are baroque inventory, and the baroque chapel of St. Salvatore which is built onto the church. Within the former military fort are still very valuable Baroque sacred pillars, which are arranged in a park on Dr. L. Brozovića Square.
Of the secular buildings special attention is drawn to the old town hall(later the court, and now the Koprivnica City Museum). The two-storey baroque building was built after the great fire in 1736. Today’s City Museum has several valuable collections, among which are archaeological and ethnographic. Between the museum and the Franciscan monastery is a ruined building of valuable baroque house with especially designed facade. Across the street is the town house of Malančec family. It was built by architect Carnelutti on the turn of the 19th to 20th century. Today there is regulated attractive and rich collection of furniture and supplies within the Koprivnica City Museum.
On the east side of Đure Estera Street (Ulica Đure Estera) near the Church of St. Nicholas are several valuable baroque and historicism houses and palaces. It is primarily a baroque city palace, built probably after the 1765 year. This is a house of Sulimanović family, there was founded museum, and over the entrance portal is engraved coat of arms of the city of Koprivnica. Other houses are constructed later – mainly secession and historicism palaces from turn of the 19th to 20th century. Pointed out is the house of the old pharmacy “K crnom orlu”, there is the secession house Jelić, etc. From the age of historicism is also interesting firehouse building in Frankopanska Street (pseudo – gothic style!).
For visitors will surely be the most attractive center of the old suburbs – today Zrinski, Jelačić and Florian square. There is now connected group (mostly) of single storey buildings – from baroque to secession. Also worth building is a new city hall, which dominates on Zrinski Square (Zrinski trg). The foundation stone for this building was laid by count Josip Jelačić in 1856, and until 1892 it was a public school, and to this day hall. In front of the hall is the famous monument of the bike. From preserved baroque buildings important is one-store building at the corner of Zrinski and Jelačić square, then two buildings with a consol system on the floor – they are buildings of a beerhouse Kraluš (with open arcades on the ground floor and interior decorated by famous artists of Koprivnica) and Villa Parva. From historicist buildings (mainly from architectural workshop Carnelutti) most important are the palace of Koprivnica Savings Bank (City Gallery), and the Library and reading room “Fran Galović”. On Jelačić Square are also several valuable historicist buildings, one of which is building of Koprivnica College and former hotel “Križ”. On Florian Square (Florianski trg) there are several-storey and single-storey buildings, mainly from the period of historicism, built at the turn of the 19th to 20th century.
In Svilarska Street (Svilarska ulica), along with Zrinski Square (Zrinski trg), is the building of a Jewish synagogue. This building has raised numerous Jewish community of Koprivnica in 1875, and restored by the famous architect from Koprivnica Slavko Lövy in 1937. In addition to the main square on the former moats and ramparts is decorated famousKoprivnica City Park. Its begging dates back to the 1856, but in shaping of the park in the late 19th century had city gardener Dragutin Ruhl. The wooden pavilion from the 1896 is work of a carpenter Antun Rogina, and the park is well-known by sculpture of Josip Fluksi “Awakening” (“Buđenje”). Koprivnica City Park belongs among more beautiful parks in northern Croatia.
From the old buildings in Antun Nemčić street (Antuna Nemčića ulica) it is worth to look civil baroque house (built before 1772), then Koprivnicasub-county building (Carnelutti work from the late 19th century), thenhistoricist one-storey building (with most beautiful secession wrought iron railings in the city) , and a Biedermeier one-storey building (where lived writer Antun Nemčić Gostovinski). With historicist bungalows of retailers on the Mladost Square (Trg Mladosti) (where was once cattle fair) most interesting are the buildings of the old Koprivnica gymnasium(1908) and culture hall Domoljub (hall is from 1919). At the end of park in Nemčićeva Street is Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity (Baroque from the 1794).
Among other old buildings emphasized are old city hospital (basically built from 1873 to 1875), and beside it there is a chapel dedicated to St. Florian (who used to be on Florian Square, and has been built in 1892). In Ante Starčević Street (near “Podravka”) is famous Koprivnica Chapel of the Sorrowful Mother of God of Grantula (1737), and in Starogradska Street are buildings of the old city slaughterhouse – today the Museum of nutrition “Podravka”. Municipal cemeteries contain valuable monuments, especially Catholic and Jewish. Finally, in the western suburb of the city, in Močile is Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, constructed in 1700.